Statistics reveal that there are currently over 700,000 hotels and resorts around the world, with the individual numbers of rooms totaling more 15.5 million. With this many rooms, hotel accidents are bound to happen. If you or a loved one was injured while at a hotel, it is important to understand that you may be able to obtain compensation for the resulting injuries. An experienced Miami hotel injury lawyer can help make sure that the responsible party is held accountable for your injuries.
Common Hotel Accidents in Miami
Hotels and all other types of resorts in Miami have a duty to maintain their properties in a reasonably safe condition. If these locations fail to uphold this duty, they can be held accountable for any personal injuries that occur to guests.
Some of the most common types of injury-causing incidents that occur at hotels in Miami include:
- Accidents on elevators and in stairwells
- Criminal attacks that occur at hotels due to improper security lighting, inadequately maintained gates, or a lack of security guards
- Drowning accidents that occur at hotel and resort pools due to a lack of lifeguards or lifeguards that are not adequately trained
- Food poisoning that is caused by hotel meals, which can be due to improper refrigeration
- Infestations by bed bugs and other types of insects
- Slip and fall accidents caused by inadequate lighting, uneven steps, and other conditions that are not fixed by the hotel
Hotel or resort guests are not capable of receiving compensation for every type of accident that occurs. Instead, these locations are liable under only a unique set of circumstances. If you experienced injuries because a hotel failed to fix a dangerous condition or to notify guests about the types of hazards that exist, it may be possible to obtain compensation for the resulting injuries with the help of a Miami personal injury lawyer.
How to Establish a Hotel Negligently Maintained its Premises
If you are a visitor to a hotel or a resort in Miami, you have a right to a reasonable expectation of safety during your time at these locations. In accordance with Florida premise liability law, there are several elements that must be established to prove to a court of law that a hotel or other type of business should be held accountable for your injuries incurred on their property:
- The facility was aware or should have been aware that a hazardous condition existed on the premises
- The facility failed to remedy a dangerous condition, and this condition led to either an injury or a fatality
An accident victim who is able to establish these elements can receive several types of compensation from the hotel, resort, or other location including compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and other types of damages.
Speak with a Miami Hotel Accident Lawyer
Even if you receive minor injuries as the result of a hotel accident, you should not be forced to pay for these damages on your own. Instead, you should contact a personal injury attorney in Miami who understands how to create a strong legal strategy to maximize the compensation you can receive from the at-fault party. Contact Flagler Personal Injury Group to speak with a seasoned accident attorney today.
We handle a variety of cases, so call us now if you have any questions.
View more contact information here: Miami Hotel Accident Lawyer.