Slip and fall accidents are invariably among the most common kinds of injury-causing accidents. They can happen anywhere, including the grocery store, a parking lot, at work, at school – even in your own home. In addition, they can cause surprisingly severe injuries like broken bones, joint dislocations, and even traumatic brain injuries.
If you suffered an injury in a slip and fall accident, you’re probably curious to know whether you will be able to recover compensation for your accident-related expenses and other losses. The answer to this question depends on whether another person’s negligence caused your slip and fall accident. Very generally speaking, negligence occurs when a person fails to use the degree of care that a reasonable person would normally exercise. Some common examples of slip and fall accident hazards that are usually the result of someone’s negligence include:
- Unmarked hazards like open excavations or freshly-waxed floors
- Wet floors
- Inadequate lighting
- Missing handrails in stairwells
- Cracked pavement
- Uneven tiles
- Torn Carpet
- Debris left in walkways
- Exposed cables or cords
As a victim, it’s important to understand that not every slip and fall hazard will be the result of negligence. Likewise, some slip and fall accidents that may seem like they were completely random and unavoidable may have been caused by negligence. For this reason, it’s essential for anyone hurt in a slip and fall accident to have their case reviewed by an experienced personal injury attorney in Miami as soon as possible.
Protecting Your Legal Rights after a Slip and Fall Accident in Miami
There are certain steps that you should take after a slip and fall to maximize the chances that you can recover compensation. These include the following:
- If your accident occurred in a store, be sure that an incident report is generated.
- Take pictures of the hazard that caused your accident. If anyone saw your accident take place, ask them for contact information.
- See a doctor and ask for a full evaluation of your injuries. This is important to do even if you do not think that your injuries are particularly serious or that they will get better on their own, as it’s critical to have documentation for any insurance claim that you make in the future.
- Call an accident attorney in Miami as soon as possible. Waiting to start your claim can result in the loss or destruction of evidence you’ll need to obtain compensation. In addition, if your accident happened on public property, you have a very short window to file a claim. Don’t delay in retaining a personal injury lawyer.
Call Flagler Personal Injury Group Today to Schedule a Free Case Consultation with a Miami Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in the Miami-Dade area, you should call the Flagler Personal Injury Group as soon as you can. We focus our practice on helping injured victims get the compensation to which they are entitled under Florida law and are qualified to up against the largest insurance companies and corporations. To schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Miami, call our office today at 305-424-8445 or contact us online.
We handle a variety of cases, so call us now if you have any questions.
View more contact information here: Miami Slip and Fall Lawyer.